View Single Post
09-13-08, 02:49 PM   #33
Kleo
A Theradrim Guardian
Maybe I overestimate the politeness of people, but I think in a BG/PuG situation, you may not hear as much complaining. People will ignore you or add you to their spam filter, or complain to friends/guildies. Like if I pug with a mage who has one of those super annoying mods to say "funny" things whenever they sheep. I hold my tongue, get really pissed off, and complain to my guild. And probably make a note in a mod to remember never to group with that person again. In a guild raid though, it would be more likely to be addressed right away. In my experience, the best higher-end raid leaders are kind of on the intolerant side and likely to speak out or kick you out, and I don't mind that so much if looking for progression. Guess my round-about point is that just because people don't give negative feedback doesn't mean that people don't intensely dislike extra spam in the game.

You are likely to be thanked more though. People who'd normally feel indifferent to or wouldn't notice what you do think the message is directed at them and fumble for a polite response.

Last edited by Kleo : 09-13-08 at 02:56 PM.