View Single Post
09-13-08, 03:51 PM   #34
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by kerrang View Post
I don't really care how many people use my addons - but I AM interested in the process by which people choose and use addons - hence my curiousity on the issue as a whole...
That should be pretty straight forward to understand using elements of basic human psychology.

I disagree that a single message during BG Preparation or at the start of an instance is 'SPAM' - anymore than the dozens of "buff plz" or "Kings plz" or "lazy mage give INT" messages you see everyday are...
That sort of thing is spam, not to mention inconsiderate and juvenile -- and if someone did forget, polite trumps whiny/demanding. I don't raid with people that inconsiderate, don't group with them if humanly possible, and do my PvPing with folks who are in the same vent server (gotta love my server) practicing some mature sensibilities -- sure, it happens with pvp pickups but not that often.

As for the idea that someone would quit a group over 1 message - anyone that "precious" is welcome to leave my groups as soon as possible plz & thx
Thus why you can't seem to grasp the idea that advertising in-game is a bad idea. If that's the level of respect you have for the people you group with then I'm more than happy to exclude you. I'll put up with sheep-spam mods, and same for warlocks, the RP mods, even the annoying as hell ones that do emotes and says on crits or during combat -- it's lost it's shine after the first pull or three; I'll put up with people who are grumpy, think they know a class they've played better than God, and people who think they are God; I'll even put up with some high-maintenance characteristics of the emo crowd if it'll get the pug moving. However, I won't put up with people who lack basic respect. Advertising races over the line just slightly behind someone hurling racial epithets.

I would assume that there are some who won't mind it, some who would even enjoy it -- there are after all groups who enjoy tossing around the aforementioned racial epithets or assumed sexual orientation or even the usual sexist tripe -- but I'm not among that crowd.

Hell - if I could write an addon to detect the moody/twitchy/"just looking for an excuse to quit" players before you've started an instance I'd need no advertising to make it the most popular addon EVAR!
Heh, you don't know me. I do, though, find it interesting that you resort to character assassination and personal attacks as a way of responding. I didn't attack you, and if I attacked anything at all it was the idea you proposed. Yet your response says volumes about you and the kind of person you are -- and sheds light on why you'd think in-game advertising was a cool idea.

(I'll assume you'll need at least one more post to go after my character again so go ahead, the floor is yours)