View Single Post
09-24-12, 11:37 AM   #10
Tymesink
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm in the same boat as the author of this post.. I love wow-interface.com website over curse.com. The website here is more intuitive and easy to use while the website at curse.com is just way to busy and the layout is awkward and cumbersome.

However, I do pay curse for their premium service to use with the curse client. I like one place to go to check for updates, and then download and install. As appose to the alternate method of having to add the addon to the "My Favorites" list and then get an email when there is an update and then having to manually download, unzip and copy the files into place. Yes I know, it may sound like I'm a little lazy. I mean really, its all about the point and click.. its not like I'm having to do a flight of stairs to update the addon. Although that would keep me in shape!

Anyhow, I have considered to write an app in either Adobe AIR, or Silverlight that would parse the rss xml feed from "My Favorites" which would then download, unzip and install the updated addon. But I just need to find time to build it.