View Single Post
11-15-17, 03:23 PM   #7
aallkkaa
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
SpellIDs > spall names

If you're talking about keeping track of which ID is for which spell when you look at your code later, then make a note of it in your code.

Lua Code:
  1. local spells = {
  2.      345679 = true,     --spell name
  3.      906723 = true,     --other spell name
  4. }
Yes, Seerah, that is exactly what it's for. Only, given as I'll have to do that, I might as well link the name to the ID in the table, and then use the spell name for the ordering.

Ok, I should probably have talked to the former authors before asking this question here, but the addon I'm looking at is ReadySpells, which is available here on WoWI (two versions here, I'm referring to the most recent one, by benots4 ). If you look at that code, you'll notice they made a LibBabbleSpellStub to work around the lack of an up to date LibBabbleSpell. So, I can just work on that, which will be very similar to adding comments to the list of spells, as you kindly examplified - but had someone already done that, then...

Again, I don't know whether I can actually bring the whole thing up to date. So far, on my own PC only, I've updated the libraries (except for the one mentined in this thread, of course) and been more or less randomly browsing the code, changing a line here or there. The code was rather inconsistent (several different people doing what I plan to do, but on a small scale); I really want to try and make it all consistent before I ask the authors permission to release an update.

EDIT: By the way, the old MoP version of the addon still works in Legion (albeit needing you to edit the lists), even with the old libraries! The new librarires don't break it either. I've noticed a couple small glitches but other than outdated spells and, in a way, types of conditions, it still pretty much works fine. And it's the closest I've seen to what I want from a rotation helper.
EDIT #2: Fixed a couple typos.

Last edited by aallkkaa : 11-16-17 at 08:15 AM.