View Single Post
10-03-11, 10:34 PM   #15
Othgar
"That" Guy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As a tank I agree with Rilgamon, I don't always want DPS on my target I want them on skull, X, and so on, Especially since I tab target through a mob to maintain my threat levels across the whole mob.

As DPS, I still don't see the reliability of this addon. granted it can tell me when something procs but I can't click it to use that proc so I still need to hit a hotkey or click a button on my action bars. And as Tonyleila said what happens if I have to swicth off a boss mid fight to pick up DPS on adds.

As far as binding abilities to my mouse buttons like I do on my healer with Healbot, I just plain don't like it I guess. I turn with my mouse and use hotkeys on my keyboard for abilities. Only reason I can click to heal with my druid is that generally I don't have to move around a whole lot when healing, unless it's to not stand in fire, in which case I can move quickly and continue healing. Also not all players have 14+ button gaming mice to bind abilities to. Just counting abilities that I consistently use I have 28 keybindings between my keyboard and mouse. I would lose my mind trying to learn all those over again using just my mouse and modifier keys. And all that is only on one spec of one of my main toons. To try to learn all of that for each of my toons and each of their specs is simply more than I am willing to do for just one addon. I think that the learning curve would be incredibly steep, and to accomplish your goal of revolutionizing the DPS game, it would require people to learn a whole new way to play the game. Which most people are not willing to do, especially considering the time it would take to learn the addon, their DPS would surely suffer during that time, which in many high end raiding guilds could cost them their raid spot.

All that being said, don't let it discourage you from creating this addon. I am just one player, a casual player at that.