View Single Post
11-14-09, 10:08 PM   #13
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by tattooedpierre View Post
I dont see what the issue is; Blizz have always stated that if they felt something needed to be core UI they would put it in. They went part-way there with the current quest tracking; then adding the 'related item' feature.

Same with things like 'red' range indicators, tracking on the minimap and many others.

They're simply adding to the core UI features that people usually have to go out of their way to add because they believe them to be fundamental.
Just want to clarify. I have no issues with them implementing features based off of popular mods (anyone who claims this isn't based on the popularity of QH/Carb needs to come back to reality), I just hate not seeing credit given to the original sources.

Now, before the argument/flaming comes "well QH/Carb weren't the originals!!!!" or "they wanted to do it forever!!!!", why did it take almost 5 years? Sure, the requests may be long standing, but it wasn't until these guys' mods got so popular by HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of users that Blizz finally got off their bums and worked on their own.

In Short: I'd just like to see credit be given where credit is due. I consider these types of things "plagiarism" (note the quotes). QH/Carb popularized and fulfilled the request of thousands before Blizz finally stepped up and implemented the system themselves. Something simple like "Based on the popular addon XXX written by XXX".

Last edited by Sythalin : 11-14-09 at 10:10 PM. Reason: More clarification