RP Names for Each Race
View Single Post
05-02-07, 11:00 AM
Coffee powered Kaldorei
Join Date: May 2006
- Orc names tend start with constants such "M" "K" etc. - Mankrik, Thrall etc.
- For Tauren look at American Indian names, in particular Plains tribes like the Cheyenne, Lakota, etc.
- Names that start with G, and Z are popular for Trolls: Zul'jin, Zalazane
-Undead can use Human type names as they were once human (or some cases High Elven names)
Easy way to generate human names is take a standard English name and add an addtional Letter or change a lettter (Marcus -> Markus)
- Hard constants in groups "Kh" are common in Dwarf names -
- Night Elf names commonly start with vowels or soft constants like "M" -
Take a run around the world or read the background story and note the naming patterns for races. You can get a lot of solid ideas. There used be a wonderful HOWTO name your character on the US WoW forums, but that seems to have been lost.
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Zyonin
Visit Zyonin's homepage!
Find More Posts by Zyonin