Thread: EQ vs. WoW
View Single Post
06-30-07, 02:54 AM   #15
Laslo
Premium Member
Premium Member
I played EQ for a very long time 4 years i think, and ive been playing wow since release. all i can say is this. if you LIKE a challenging game like EQ and you get bored with somthing that may seem comparibly easy, then dont come to WoW. Now im not saying that WoW is all easy, but i will say it is very easy to level to 70. if you were a hardcore EQ player then consider this. in the time it takes you to level to 75 in EQ. you will most likely have 3 lvl 70's in wow. the big difference in these games is the awesomeness of the quest system in WoW, the nice tradeskill system, and the difficulty of the higher end dungeons, learning the fights and individual strats for each class. i missed EQ when i first started playing wow. i even went back to it for a short time. wow seemed to "cartoonish" to me. but after playing wow then reverting back to EQ i realized that wow had a fun aspect to it that EQ no longer had for me. in EQ if you cant find a group your pretty well screwed and youll spend most of your time sitting around LFG. in wow if you cant find a group you can simply go out and solo and do quests. granted there is some high end content that alot of players will never see IE the black temple, serpent shrine, etc... but that does not take much away from the game. at lvl 70 there is still TONS of stuff to do. I know im probably going to get flamed for this by all of the dedicated wow players who either never played EQ or sucked at it terribly, But EQ is more challenging of a game then wow. but it also in my eyes becomes a repetative grind. and anyone who has ever played EQ, i mean really really played it will know that i speak the truth. wow on the other hand is always having new content added to it by blizz to keep the game fresh. so there you go, thats the best way i can compare the 2 games, the choice is yours friend. i left EQ along time ago and i truely enjoy wow and have enjoyed it very much since it was released.

Vayder lvl 70 mage Doomhammer - WoW
Previously Drevok lvl 70 paladin Mithanial Marr - EQ
Could not have said it better. I raided full time in EQ up until Omens of War came out.

WoW is a much better made game in most respects, but there is one bad thing. Everyone and their mother plays this game. EQ was for nerds and nerds only (admit it, you know I'm right.) There is a serious maturity issue in wow that didn't exist in EQ. WoW to me is kind of like what AOL did to the internet a long time ago. It dumbs it down to the point where everyone can do it, so everyone is. But, you take the good with the bad, and if that's something that won't bother you, then go nuts. This game is great. Too bad the people get in the way of it sometimes, at least for me.

Please keep the "zomg don't play an mmo if you don't want the people!!oneone11!" posts to a minimum.

"This job would be great if it wasn't for the fu$%ing customers." - Clerks