nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, I wrote the following to them yesterday:
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Xrystal's Addons
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 19:26:08 -0000
To Whom it May Concern,

I respectfully request you to remove my addons from your site. I personally didn’t upload them and no-one contacted me and asked if I would like them hosted on your site. They should in fact only exist on WoWInterface.com or Curse.com or my own personal website. The following are the ones in particular :

nUI : InfoPanel [MagePorts] : addons1.mmosite.com/wow/content/2009-12-17/20091217005350274.shtml
nUI : InfoPanel [GuildChat] : addons1.mmosite.com/wow/content/2009-12-15/20091215191229435.shtml
nUI : InfoPanel [Decursive] : addons1.mmosite.com/wow/content/2009-11-18/20091118005533085.shtml

I don’t mind people linking to the WoWInterface page itself but please, take the files off of your server and direct people to the wowinterface page for downloads and more information. I will be checking back every so often to see that it gets done. I appreciate your speedy response to this request and await with baited breath for a speedy resolution.

Thank You
Xrystal
I then got the following in my mail box this morning ( unusally prompt reply ).

Sent: 12 March 2010 10:32
To: Xrystal
Subject: Re: Xrystal's Addons

Hi, Xrystal

We are so sorry about this, we will remove your addons soon, we hope that we can use your addons, waiting for your reply.
Have a nice day!
Imee
I promptly replied back as it sounds like they won't do anything until I do.
Hi,
If you had asked initially maybe but seeing as you didn’t in the first place the answer will have to be no. As I mentioned if you want to list your favourite addons then a link to the official page is the best way to go. So, I want the following done:

1. Remove the files from your server
2. Either remove the pages from your site or have them link to wowinterface.com pages for the relevant addon

Thank you in advance for following my requests relating to my addons.

Xrystal

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Zyonin : 03-12-10 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Removed parsed links