Thread: Carbonite 5.04
View Single Post
09-10-12, 04:53 PM   #362
[email protected]
A Murloc Raider
agreed

Originally Posted by Thorzon View Post
Sorry guys, but I see it like this. If you are going to solicit money from people then people will have a higher expectation of the level of service you should provide.
If it were just a small amount then ya, you're probably right that it shouldn't be a big deal, but...

Lets look at it this way.

Curse = nearly 1.8 MILLION downloads
Let's be conservative and say they have had 1 Million downloads here and another million on carboniteaddon.com
That's nearly 4 Million downloads
Let's say just 1% of those donated at their minimum of $5.
That's nearly $200,000 they possible made.

So, yea. I'm going to hold them to a higher standard than the guy offering true freebies.
And they could (and should) easily log in and post a message to the probably minimum 10's of thousands of players out there that rely on their product.
ill 2nd that, if your gonna put your stuff out there, acquire tons of faithful followers, i would think its an obligation to maintain and update your product. especially working with/ or through curse. we as players- who pay damn good money to play arent really asking for much, just stuff that works. so what im saying is, if they have other and/or more important things going on, go do them. quit halfassing us around. rythal, who is a player, also has a real job, still took the time to fix their ****, even with his real life stuff happening and not expecting anything in return- except maybe alittle acknowledgement and thanks. from what ive been reading- all the work hes put into this, is very very unselfish. as far as im conserned the DEVS and curse and blizz should take a good look at him and raise the bar for their employees, because rythal has put them all in check. Rythal, my brother, if your ever in Zul`jin look me up. Móurnblade. you are top notch dude and i would be honored to run some PVP with ya. peace