View Single Post
11-07-12, 01:22 PM   #23
patrick51
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by mjumnito View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself.

@patrick51 rather than trying to beat down on the one person who stepped up when it was needed hows about offering a hand in moving things forward? Something about bee's and honey come to mind here. Besides all that, you would look like less of a dick to the supporters. Find a solution to the problem and not be a part of the problem. and since you said one would assume that you know that fixing somebody elses code takes time and can be a real pain in the ass to put it bluntly.
And i am sorry if i come off as a dick, That is just the way i am. I am a thing person not a people person i would rather spend my days with machines then people.

I understand he is doing the best he can. I will try not to sound like a dick . Have you ever asked your self why no one else has designed a map as nice as carbonite. In all these years you would think someone would have done it. The answer really is The only real way to get the map to work,look and act the way it does and as well as it does is to write the code as a self contained program just like the code is now. . The programmers that designed carbonite used real LUA code and it is very beautiful code. The coding is very professional. There are many highly talented add on authors out there. But most of them are not professional programmers that could sit down and write complex code without using pre made libraries or one of the many tools that help design the code..

The carbonite code contains everything needed to make it work without any outside libraries the reason why it is so big.. Each piece of the program is highly dependent on the others pieces to work. properly with that said.

If the end goal is to break it into pieces it would be best to start from scratch then try to separate the code and honestly if in the end you want the map to work look and act like carbonite does now.. It is going to have to be hard coded just like it is now.

I am in the process of fixing the quest data base for my wife and kids. If He would like a copy after i am done removing all the old quests and adding in the new ones you all are welcome to it.

Last edited by patrick51 : 11-07-12 at 01:26 PM.