Thread: Supporters?
View Single Post
07-18-09, 11:36 AM   #16
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I feel "ripped off" because as a PAYING customer I am getting nothing back in return. I was paying back when they where a subscription based addon and I have donated as well.

It has been quite a while since the last time they even came in and helped their users by answering the questions they post. It has been the COMMUNITY stepping up to the plate to answer those questions.

I understand that these people relied on Carbonite to help make them money to pay their bills and that the recent changes by Blizz has cause their revenue to diminish but the fact still remains they should still actively support their product. If the revenue is so low or their new projects take up all their time that they can not afford some daily time to answer question and help support their product then maybe it is time to either discontinue it and move on with their lives or release the source to someone who WILL continue to support it.

Communication is a key element in getting people to support your product. If they want more donations then update more often. If they want more money then continue forum support. The way it looks to me right now is the project is dead. 30+ days with not much more than a peep from the team (mind you they do log in though) is pretty bad. I for one would not give my hard earned money to a project that appears to be dead.

Last edited by Sepioth : 07-18-09 at 11:39 AM.