Thread: Supporters?
View Single Post
07-18-09, 10:00 PM   #18
avid
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Except that now that it's free, even if they did dedicate a lot of work and time, the donations coming in return would still be drastically lower than what they expected.

Now, with Blizzard's change in terms, along with the fact that they're implementing their own quest helping utility into the game... you really got to wonder how being so dedicated while working for free is going to truly pay off. I mean, with 3.2, I really don't see people jumping to use Carbonite anymore. Sure, Carbonite still offers many nice features, but the main reason people use mods like this and QuestHelper is simply for that basic function.

They've basically been cut at the knees. Again, if you want someone to blame, blame Blizzard. These guys have delivered us a great product though that certainly beat anything else you could have ever found. If you want to crucify them because you sent them $20 or something, fine.

Personally, I've spent what I've felt to be well worth my money. I paid for a product that I got months of use out of. That certainly beats those tacos I bought the other night... Considering they still have plans to update this, I don't see what the big deal is. They've already said development will slow down with the recent changes, and we can see that. Support is simply an expected slow down too. I mean, we can't expect everyone to be a Ghostcrawler, someone who works all day, posts all night, and sleeps somewhere along the drive home (if he even goes home).