Thread: MMORPG Research
View Single Post
06-06-08, 06:45 PM   #12
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I clicked the link, and studied the survey thoroughly. I still think it's a survey that is intended to persuade law makers in one way or another, or in multiple ways that include gaming being a handicap or an addiction; not "only" for the violent or aggressive behavior it might bring out in people, but also because of the friendships people make while gaming. The fact that people are encouraged to maintain "healthy" relations (defined loosely), it can be argued that online games can be more addictive and more dangerous to children due to the ease of contact in a non-gaming setting (ie.. vent, phone, e-mail exchange, etc...).

I am extremely wary of surveys in general, I have been summoned by the census morons for filling out bogus census reports (I, of coarse, did not show up). Take the survey if you like, but I'd use caution when answering the questions. He / she tells the truth when he / she says you can omit answering certain questions, but this also creates a result in computer read surveys. Good luck if you decide to take the survey, I hope you don't get our games regulated and / or help lazy idiots live off a government check for their "handicap".

@eksearcher, I hope that when you publish this survey, you disclose the fact that you obtained participants from websites that have members from many different countries. I'd hate to see this be used by lobbyists to change our laws, or create new laws based on what non citizens report in a survey to be directed at US laws and regulations.