View Single Post
06-06-08, 08:31 PM   #15
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by eksearcher View Post
Yhor,
<started a paragraph after the salutaion>
I will be sure to include the fact that not all gamers are from the United States. I think that this is one of the more interesting aspects of these games. Thank you for taking the time to look at my survey. I understand you being leery of researchers like myself and I know most of the articles on the topic of games investigated violence and other negative impacts. If you or anyone on this forum wants a copy of the paper I will be writing using your responses I am more than willing to post it. I believe it is your right to have access to it. It will be done in early August.
Honestly ... how can I take you seriously as a researcher ...

Before you try researching us fellow MMORPG players please try researching the proper use of the English language.

I made a few corrections to the above. I did not correct them all cause I'm sure you get my point, but if you are going to come here to ask people to take part in a survey so you can collect data to write a paper, please have the decency to make it at least look professional.

Also I understand that this is a game forum. Forums are never known for their correct use of ANY language. It is an informal meeting place and most things like incorrect spelling, punctuation and structure are never an issue.

So if people want to flame me go ahead ... maybe I deserve it here ... but I just wanted to voice my opinion here.

-------

To eksearcher:

I do not mean to belittle or disrespect you on your use of the English language so if I embarrassed you in any way I do apologize for that. Please do not be mad at me, I was merely trying to point out a more professional way to approach this. I wish you luck on the paper you are writing as well as with your survey. Maybe after you finish you can post it here for all to read ... you just might impress us (me) after all

Good Luck

Last edited by Sepioth : 06-06-08 at 09:02 PM.