View Single Post
02-09-06, 10:25 AM   #1
Garoun
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation Screen Freeze, Garbage Collection, Memory Leak Oh My! (help please)

3 Issues I'm having and I believe they are all intertwined.

When I first log in the Titan Performance meter says my memory is at 88megs used, within 15-20min that number climbs to 109 whether I'm standing perfectly still or moving. The system has my garbage collection threshold right around 109 megs so I'm sure it could easily climb higher if I allowed it to. When the GC kicks in it causes my screen to completely lock up until the collection is finished, and naturally my character just keeps running and often gets me killed or puts me somewhere I have no clue how I got to.

Questions:
1) Any addon/Mod or way that I can see the Memory signature and usage on a 'per mod' basis which would help me track down what mod(s) are causing the memory to burn so fast when I'm doing absolutely nothing.

2) Any idea how to correct the issue of severe screen freeze hitting when the Garbage Collection kicks in (I have 2 gigs of Corsair memory on the way which should help)

3) Any ideas, besides of course wiping out every mod and starting from scratch, on how to decipher what mod or mods is causing the load to increase exponentially. (Tied to #1 basically)

Thanks in advance!