View Single Post
10-14-10, 05:03 PM   #105
aessedai
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Would you rather I lie? I could easily tell you we know everything, have been working hard for months and it will be done any second. I'm a Christian and I hate lies and distortion. I run my businesses with integrity.

We have said we will do what we can to get it working for Cataclysm. We did not know about 4.0 patch, because Haavok and I have not played WoW or been on WoW websites for many weeks. My son plays WoW, but is 9 and does not read websites. I know a patch is out when he tells me.

We have full time jobs and lives and knew Cataclysm was on Dec 7, which was our target date. I put my current iPhone project on hold to deal with the patch 4.0 problems, because we don't like Carbonite broken either.

Sounds fantastic and I hope you get it working ASAP! And actually I for one don't want to hear anything but the truth and can understand that things can happen to upset the apple cart now and then. I truely believe that your intention is to run your business with integrity and Carbonite has been my second favorite addon of all time, second only to nUI and only scantly second. I would hate living without either to be honest. The only suggestion I would have to help increase the apparent integrity to match the intended integrity is to keep on the lookout for patches whether you play or not. Patches wreak havok on all of us. I don't have the programming skills to do what you do and I tend to get really frustrated when things break that I can't fix.

I am sitting with 4 other friends right now who have all decided that Carbonite, if working well, is worth making a donation for. We're just mutually concerned about the prospect of value vs. risk. We know Carbonite's value to us, but do we risk banging our heads on the desk every time Blizzard throws up a patch with less than 6 months advanced warning?