View Single Post
10-08-07, 05:43 AM   #12
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Kudane
Actually the simple method is to run the patcher from inside the WOW folder. I have the same Game Files setup and if I copy the update into C:/Game Files/Worldofwarcraft/(patchfile.exe) and then run it. It works fine.

Kudz
Thanks for the reply Cirk, but I'm not even to the point of worrying about my WTF folder or copying things yet. I *think* what I have done is to follow Kudz' advice above. Now, I see he says to run the "patcher". Within my Wow folder I have an icon labeled "WoW-2.1.3.6898-to-2.2.0.7272-enUS-downloader" and I have another one labled "BNUpdate". I do not see anything labeled as a patcher. When I double-click the downloader, it downloads the specific patch for which it is named. I have all of the old patch downloaders and updaters, but I do not have an updater labeled with the new patch. When I double-click on the BNUpdate icon, it says that the Localization.xml file can not be loaded.

Also, after downloading the 2.2 patch for the umpteenth time I noticed another BNUpdate icon and several partial MPQ files get placed in a 2.1.3 to 2.2.0 folder which is created within a Patches folder which is within my WoW folder which is in my Games Files folder. If I double-click on that BNUpdate icon - as opposed to the one in my WoW folder where my game executable is - it says WoW.exe can not be found.

The first time this happened, I replaced the BNUpdate that was in my WoW folder with the one that appeared in the Patches folder after downloading the 2.2 patch; but I get the same result = if the BNUpdate is in the WoW folder it says that the Localization.xml file can not be loaded; if I leave it where it is in the Patches subfolder it says that WoW.exe can not be found.

Should I just move my WTF folder someplace safe to keep my addons intact and then do an uninstall/reinstall of the game? I'm at a complete loss here...

[edit]Edited for typos.[/edit]

Last edited by Erurainon : 10-08-07 at 05:48 AM.