View Single Post
08-11-08, 11:59 PM   #1
Kudane
Co-Founder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A Time to Say Goodbye

This is my last post as part of the Admin Staff here on the MMOInterface sites.

After co-founding the first site 6 years ago and helping all of them grow, it is with a heavy heart that I post my final news blurb on the front page.

While I am sad to be officially be stepping down from the Admin staff of the MMOInterface sites, it is not all sad, because, I will still be lurking around and you will still find me sneaking into the forums and hiding among the file downloads. I look back on the 6 years I have spent with the sites to those days when I was posting add-ons from emails by hand the first month EQInterface was up. To the numerous phone calls and emails Dolby and I got from our host provider when we team up saying that our bandwidth usage was crushing the server we were on. Then I look at what they have become today, each a leader in the games community and respected by the company that makes the games they support

You know, it wasn't long after Dolby and I teamed up for EQInterface/EQGui that we picked up our first staff member (and forum moderator), a fiery Canadian who the whole community fell in love with right from the start (of course I can only mean Cairenn). Cairenn has stepped into my role over the last year with all the sites (not just WoWI) as I transition out and she, doing what she does best, stepped up and kicked butt. I leave the sites knowing they are in the best hand possible with Cairenn and Dolby.

A single post can not express to you you what it has meant to be a part of the UI Community for the last 6 year. From Fanfaire to Blizzcon, you all have been amazing and I would not trade one minute of my time with all of you, I will miss it dearly.

Be safe out there amongst the Murlocs, the Drolvarg, the goblins and the bandits, remember its a jungle out there (in some zones!)

- Kudane
retired Admin and co-founder MMOInterface