View Single Post
10-15-08, 12:10 AM   #52
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post

Good luck Mazzle, you really made a great ui. It's too bad that eventually most people will see through the tactics you use to keep feeding off this project while you are off in WAR or AoC or whatever the flavor of the week MMO is at the time.

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz View Post
lol, feeding off this project? I would be dead of starvation if that were the case. You grossly overestimate how much authors make off donations. I know it's easy to imagine profits pouring in given how many people play MMOs, but that's not the case. I've probably been one of the more fortunate among them, but that was only during some key periods in the development. I've got almost nothing since quitting WoW. When I considered making a MazzleUI site, I got some comments from other authors on how much they've gotten in donations. Let's just say that most authors, some of whom had good stuff out for years, would be lucky to buy a good gaming mouse with the proceeds from their work. I suspect the only folks making any decent money of add-ons are those running ad-driven sites. All the rest of us could continue to take donations for years and be lucky if it ever translate to 10 cents/hour. Your donations and accusations are, quite frankly, absurd and misinformed.
Mazzle,
It's quite easy to see how some people would feel the way Yhor feels.. a lot of people do, myself included. Just most of us do not say so because normally any poopoo threads get locked by you. You also have claimed that you get no donations anymore. Perhaps that is the case, perhaps not. No one knows but you. All we do know is that you're not playing the game and you're not updating your addon, but yet you still link the Paypal donate button. To me that's just wrong. Why keep the Paypal donate button up for a broken addon that will more than likely never have continuous updates by you?