View Single Post
05-18-09, 10:02 AM   #13
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
There are no guarantees in life except that we are all going to die someday as my grandmother did this last week. Truth is that while Carbonite donations have been better than the tiny amount we expected, it is still only about 20% of what we were making in sales. I took a reduction in salary of 75% in anticipation of this. I can't live off of 25% of what I was making, so I started a new full time project a week ago, which leaves a small amount of time for working on Carbonite. You can point fingers at whomever you like like, but these changes were not something we wanted to do.

With the limited time we have to add features, we want to do the features that the majority, who are willing to donate, want. Donators support us and we support them. That is the point of the voting system. Bugs are a separate case, which will be handled based on severity as we have always done.
Dude, learn to live on a budget...

Ok ok ok... now in all seriousness - the simple fact that carbonite is going to live on is the important part IMO. I'll gladdly keep contributing as long as it does and take what we get - understanding that there WILL be a drop in frequency of updates as well.