View Single Post
11-06-05, 08:24 PM   #40
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Concert

The arena held the concert.

Level 60 Elite Tauran Cheiftans was fun.They palyed three songs... power of the horde, I am murloc, and “Leeroy jenkins... the best horde paladin”. Personally... I liked L60ETC... they had more than enough skill to play with out being bad... and had a fraking blast up there. Its not exactly platinum selling songs... but who cares... these are people who play and make the game... doing things they love and having fun.

The comedian... I don't know how to describe. Some of his jokes were funny... but i was highly disappointed. The game of wow is such great fodder for jokes and other things, but the comedian went down rather tried and true paths, dealing with geeks and the like. This had the potential to be awesome... but I felt that it fell flat.

After that there was a 30+ minute wait while the offspring was setup. The sound system was rebalanced for them, and other crap that should have been handled before hand. I don't know why... but we ended up waiting far to long after the comedian before the offspring played... but it was worth it.

The offspring rocked. Here is the play list:

· All I Want
· Come Out and Play
· Can't Repeat
· Long Way Home
· Walla Walla
· Gone Away
· Have You Ever
· Bad Habit
· Gotta Get Away
· Want You Bad
· Hit That
· Why Don't You Get a Job
· Americana
· Staring at the Sun
· Pretty Fly for a White Guy
· The Kids Aren't All Right
· Head Around You
· Self Esteem

Sunday/ Conclusion

My flight did not leave until Monday... so I relaxed a bit Sunday.

I ran into Eyonix and Caydiem outside the convention hall... and they seamed to have a visible weight lifted off of them. It was pleasant to simple talk... and to talk about the con. This was their first year, and they learned a lot. I learned that there is a major rewrite of the forums system coming... which hopefully will have a feature to counteract the level one anonymous trolling. I did not have my notepad with me when I chatted with them... and did not feal like taking any detailed notes... this was not an interview, I am not press. I am sure that there was other things said that would prove interesting... but who cares... it was Sunday... and we survived it.

Later on Sunday I went into Disney Downtown and had dinner with the wowinterface crew and Soulken. He was surprised that digital signatures were mentioned during the con, since they are not sure how they will implement them. We talked a little bit about Decursive... and how I am trying to make it less bot like. (The original reason it did it all automated is because I suck at UI design... so just made it do what i would anyway). Spell Alert style mods are actually fine... no matter how people may b.itch at me for QuuSpellAlert. That information is provided to the client for a reason. Mainly they don't want mods making choices. They have no problem with mods making actions easier, or providing more information... its the choice and the decision making built into the mod they want to avoid.

Also... the design document for UI mods... the goals, hearts and dreams of the development staff in regards for UI mods development is still being worked on or approved (not sure). Since it has been long in coming... I had thought that they had forgotten about it completely. Not so, it seams to be hangup in the details. Like with the earlier Sunday chat, I did not take my note pad... this is just what I remember.

Blizzcon has come and went. I wish I had a camera with me... the slides they showed during the panels had so much information on them... I wanted to share them with you.

Blizzard has hopefully learned a lot with this. The routing of lines and the crowd control in the main entrance for the blizzard store needed to be addressed. The mess up of the forum meet ups they know about it, and corrected... a bit late for me. There were other things, but overall I felt that this was a very well run con, and look forward to next year.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

Last edited by Cairenn : 11-06-05 at 08:29 PM.