View Single Post
12-19-09, 01:24 PM   #50
Chromethous
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm not a mod author (yet) but I spend 30 minutes most days scouring the addons for new niftiness. so for I have a few ideas.

The font in borderlands I believe is Bazooka, I'll check to make sure in sec.

Also for the compass, there is/was a flight hud mod that had placed a green compass hud over your view, it was huge at default but could be scaled. So I know it was possible, Maybe TomTom can be configured to be a compass rather than a huge green arrow...
*EDIT* yup its over on Curse- FlightHUD green compass with degrees and all that..

You know what would be nifty is a skin for the Talented mod that replicates borderlands skill interface. And I know you can emulate the backpack manager with some of the bag mods out there... hmm now I have a task.

I suppose if I'm gonna reskin the bag interface I should do the same for vendors and quest interface.

As for the minimap I think if you just retooled the Loc bar, made the map a paralellagram and changed the alpha that would fit the borderlands style.

I wonder if there is a way to reskin the buttons on the chat bar, prolly. And for combat damage you can use Mik's scrolling battle text. there may be a way to have the damage pop from the target thats taking it.

After all the UI elements I think to make it complete you would need some sound effects.

I love borderlands and to have a UI for wow that emulates it would be nice.

oh, thats awesome. The title song just started playing...
There ain't no rest for the Wicked...

Last edited by Chromethous : 12-19-09 at 01:30 PM.