View Single Post
04-16-09, 02:38 PM   #506
PurpleWedgie
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Thrillseeker View Post
Nooo, she wouldn't do that. If Cairenn's Life would be better without Curse and Wowinterface she could just quit. I'm still wondering...

Edit:

Cairenn, I for one I'm mad that there is no equal alternative. Your Updater is crap and anything Curse-related is crap anyway.

And I'm mad because I use an adblocker and regardless where I download my stuff from, nobody earns money through ads from me. I like to donor money directly to authors of addons If I like them. And yes, I did that to quite a lot of addon-authors over the course of my wow-career.

Now Instead of just clicking WoWMatrix I have to invest a few minutes every day hunting for updates. And thats a lot coming from one-click-heaven! So I threw away a lot of smaller not-so-importand addons and thats even less businessoportunity for everybody. Meaning you!

With your move everybody loses. Just sayin you should have an equal alternative...
You could always setup a competing website and offer free downloads to the world (assuming any authors would want to deal with your attitude)... Maybe WOWI could leech off you instead of the other way around?? Just a thought...

As for what WOWI and Curse did to block WM I'm OK with it even though I also have gone back to the manual update method as well (no I didn't use WM but WOW UI Updater instead). A few extra mouse clicks won't kill me.