View Single Post
04-18-09, 08:01 AM   #567
sconley
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Kaelten View Post
Don't be suprised. It'll be happening within the next few weeks when we disable the premium preview.
I'd be willing to pay for the premium version if it worked with all of my addons.

I'd be willing to pay a fee to Wowinterface if their new updater worked with all of my addons.

My definition of working with all of my addons means that the updater would go to the source of the addon and pull the latest version instead of relying on the addon author to post the update. Oh wait, that is what Wowmatrix was doing. I guess you'd better work out a deal with the addon authors. Now that's a thought: Curse and Wowinterface could have agreements with the addon authors such that the end result is that an addon is always up-to-date on whichever site the author uses (Curse or Wowinterface), even if the author uses both sites.

I haven't read anything about the WowUI site. They do have updated addons. I guess I'll have to go to 3 sites to make sure I get the latest version. This could get out of hand very fast. I wish Wowmatrix and the other sites could have worked out a deal. I see no comments on the Wowmatrix web site. The only comments I have seen are from Curse and Wowinterface. Would be nice to hear their side of the story. I'm sending Wowmatrix and e-mail now, requesting information.

I'll end this post the same as many of my previous ones....
I'm very frustraited with Wowmatrix, Curse, and Wowinterface: not necessarily in that order.

Last edited by sconley : 04-18-09 at 08:03 AM.