View Single Post
12-09-14, 05:09 PM   #47
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by groin View Post
I explained badly because of my bad English.
I meant that it would be nice to have the gray used in the dps layout for hp, and class color for hp deficit.
to remedy the problem of which you speak rightly could be implemented so combined the two following changes

1) add debuff color on the border
2) modify the text by changing the name (not the color) of the character in the name of the debuff like 'Jasmer' --> 'Magic' or 'Poison' etc

another possibility would be to use the power bar not for 'mana or class power' but for debuff colors...
Oh, yeah, that's a pretty good idea. I'll try it out today and see how it works. Maybe keep names white, change color in addition to text based on debuff....

I have wondered whether the power bars are truly needed and could probably be better served as something else, but healing isn't my main spec. Then again my other idea was to just extend the amount of characters for the name so I could see it a little better.
As a healer I prefer to see other healer's mana. It's a personal preference thing. I use the layout for tanking as well (prot pally) and seeing my healer's mana is important.

As for the name length in 40 man BGs and MC I don't think going over 4 characters is wise. If you don't run 40 man BGs or MC, though, then you could probably squeeze a few more letters out of them. Note there are two square indicators in the lower middle part of the frame. I could change the font size of the name a little and see about extending it another two letters.