Thread: Framerate drops
View Single Post
12-08-11, 01:43 AM   #3
Ënmity
A Murloc Raider
No, I haven't been using it, so that's why I didn't notice it had broken. ;P

Anyhow, I figured out what that function does - it loads the quest tracker's functions and tables. So my first post basically says 'Hey, the loader is loading something bad.'

That's not very helpful, so let me be a little more specific: The lag starts happening right as p.Del = 1 for the first time.

I've never debugged a lua program, so I don't know which function is loading right then. But this event coincides with the Quest Tracker UI changing from a blank box to having all the buttons and whatnot in it.

I'm trying hard to provide the best information I can. But between my lack of experience and the confusing names, I really feel silly. I guess I'll take another whack at it tomorrow with some debugging tools instead of randomly poking around like I am right now.

I have to admit, the intricacy of Carbonite is ridiculous. When I was perusing the source of DBM, MSBT, Auctionator, etc., I was able to figure out most of the code in seconds, or sometimes a few minutes for the more complex functions. Even Peggle and Bejeweled were easier to understand, and Popcap ran those through a code optimizer.

Last edited by Ënmity : 12-08-11 at 02:03 AM.