Thread: Hope UI
View Single Post
02-02-14, 02:00 PM   #7
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't mind the off-center unit frames, but many things in that bottom cluster -- the raid frames, the alternate power bar, the range checker -- seem haphazardly placed, with a huge amount of wasted space in between them.

Why are things closer to the sides of the screen than the tops and bottoms? It doesn't seem like enough of a difference in spacing to really be an intentional design decision, but it's enough to be noticable and distracting. It also seems like a lot more spacing than you really need.

There are also some other minor alignment issues: the (unnecessary) FPS/latency/memory display isn't lined up with the chat frame; the world state frame (top center) isn't lined up with the buffs/minimap; the boss frames seem very randomly placed; weapon buffs seem really far from other buffs for no reason.

Other than that, I'd say the combo points being on the far side of the target frame is wrong; they should be closer to the middle so you don't have to glance over there to see them. Those raid frames are way bigger than you need for a rogue (or any other DPS class). The text on your target (?) castbar is not aligned properly and is falling off the bottom of the bar; this doesn't seem intentional, as no text on any other bar is placed that way. That alt power bar just does not match at all; if you're using oUF, skinning it is trivial.

Finally, I see you've rebuffed many suggestions in this thread with what amounts to "well, I like it that way, so too bad!" If you're just using the UI for yourself, that's fine (though it still begs the question of why you would ask for feedback in the first place if you only care about your own personal preference) but if you're planning to release the UI for other people to use, you should have better reasons for why seemingly unnecessary/cluttery/oddly placed items are the way they are than "because I said so", which isn't even a reason at all.