Thread: WOD/Pre-patch
View Single Post
11-08-14, 06:08 PM   #215
Boggtroll
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I had to decide to package everything still or split it up.

What I am having a hard time deciding on, is ingame messages about updates. Myself personally they annoy me, Curse client lets me know when stuff has an update, and while I haven't used it yet i'm sure minion does too... so i'm considering removing it from Carbonite.
it would be nice if along side the split up plugins you also had a Carbonite(II?) - Complete

And as far as the update message, yea it can get annoying (i completely agree) but for users like me that do most of my addons manually and don't really use a manager like CurseClient or WoWInterfaces it would be nice to keep the feature as a toggle somewhere within the options. Even if it is by default off.

But instead of saying the addon is out of date even when there is no updated version? i would try to bypass that and only have it spam "I WANT AN UPDATE" when one is actually available...i know sometime around cata and mop launches carbonite kept yelling for updates when i had the most updated one from Curse, WoW Interface, and CarboniteAddon.com...but still got yelled at with all of them lol.