View Single Post
10-14-13, 03:17 PM   #112
Kreelor
A Firelord

I read through the multi-page comments posted in this thread, many of which have no relevance to "Current Plans for Carbonite" (this topic's title). Things got side-tracked quite a bit.

The last (most recent) post in this thread which actually related (a tiny bit) to "Current Plans..." was this one:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...1&postcount=91

Since that post (which was over a year ago!), this thread topic has not been updated, even though some things have changed, while others have not been done, or at least announced as having been done. This leaves me wondering what the current status of Carbonite is and also what the current "Plan" is for development, if any.

I've asked several pertinent questions on this forum in other thread topics, but I seldom get replies. Often, I get no replies from Rythal at all, even though he's the only one who is in a position to reply. Most of my recent questions and observations have all been sincere attempts to help Rythal improve Carbonite. Others who are trying to help update various lua files aren't replying either, even when I ask them questions. Utter silence.

I know some people hate it when users point out mistakes, omissions, or issues which are confusing. They call it griping or complaining. Now, I guess I'm doing just that, in this particular post. But, unless I know what has been done (behind the scenes which we are never told), or what the current status of the "Current Plans for Carbonite" is, then we who want to help, have no idea how to contribute. There is no coordination, even though I've suggested it. It's no wonder things are taking years to complete the addon to a release version of "Carbonite2." Maybe Rythal needs a correspondence Secretary, if he's too busy with other things to inform us with frequent, small, and quick updated status reports?

I haven't and won't give up on hoping for this addon to be superlative. I'm always trying to help, even if it's in some small way. I've completed the updates for the FlightMaster.lua, Alliance & Horde, (except for a very few locations), and have begun working on both the Mailboxes and Innkeepers lua files. Coordination by someone is required. Otherwise, nobody knows what anybody else is doing, or where and how to post updated data in an easy-to-follow, convenient manner to avoid duplication of effort.