View Single Post
11-03-09, 11:06 AM   #64
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by wurmfood View Post
Avoiding most of it, but I'd like to point out that for a number of years now many car manufacturers have been putting basic stereo controls (including volume control) on the steering wheel to prevent people from having to remove their hands from the wheel.
Since the dawn of man, guys have been distracted by pretty girls walking down the street. What happens when a turn of the head to check out her shorts equals plowing into oncoming traffic in the next lane? How is this distraction enforced? I'm not really asking you as it were, I'm just posting more questions for the "law-happy" posters in this thread.

I mean, we want to protect all life, right? And of course we want to remove/prevent all distractions, right? Who decides which distractions are dangerous enough to legislate against? How are they enforced? Think about it. For as many reasons as people are justifying "against" texting, there are as many other equally dangerous (and potentially more so) actions that might cause as many accidents on the road. Are we only concerned about a few? Hmmm.

Last edited by Republic : 11-03-09 at 05:11 PM.