View Single Post
12-22-08, 08:49 PM   #67
Casmiar
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by ibnuts View Post
You don't know much about practicality, do you? If the RIAA and MPAA can't shut down torrent sites, then little "mom-'n-pop" coders couldn't do s*** about you including their addons in a pack; and read my previous posts, I said you could include their addons in a free pack and have only the Mazzifier be the paid addon.

Lastly, if other authors even request that their addons are not included as part of a paid addon, how do you explain that Zygor includes TomTom and other addons?

I'm out for the break so I thought I'd check back, and just as I predicted, the situation hasn't changed. I tried Arkive before I quit WoW, and it was quite good. However, it didn't include the layouts and keybindings, which was the thing I liked most about Mazzle. So both my accounts have been canceled; on the plus side, I got straight A's and I've begun studying for the MCAT.
First I would have to say that the author of TomTom has given his permission to Zygor or the author has not realized or complained. One other novel idea would be that the author of TomTom is being compensated for his work.

If authors like mazzle see their code on sites like this incorporated in to other addons. They can have the site block the addon, it has been done by mazzle. You could get the ui comp from torrent site, but how large of a group would DL one wow ui comp from a torrent site? Would you get the support to maintain ui comp. I don't think so. If you are talking about a pay for UI comp, then I don't think torrent would work. Who would pay for some thing they could DL for free in a torrent. I have never seen a pay for torrent. The pay for ui comp would have to be hosted on a site somewhere. Then you are back to being blocked.

Again I don't think you know to much about what you are talking about!

Cas