View Single Post
09-26-13, 03:48 PM   #111
Amatyi1
A Murloc Raider
Smile WowMatrix vs Curse

Originally Posted by riktor View Post
I don't see how that is true, how can wowmatrix hurt any one? all they do is allow people to download addons, with out having to visit all the websites of all your addons, just one interface to download all your addons and to update them.. I doubt they are breaking any laws..
If they get monetary compensation from advertisers (without passing it on to the addon author) without having permission to distribute the addon in the first place, that is hurting them. It's taking money away from the addon author. I had downloaded curse right before he posted that link, but I uninstalled wowmatrix after reading that link. Just so you know curse does the same thing but with curse you get the addon update weeks earlier (as soon as the author updates it) and with wowmatrix you don't receive the update till weeks later. Curse is very user friendly and now that I have it I like it better then Wowmatrix. I support all the hard work that the addon authors do to make Wow life easier for us and wouldn't dream of taking money away from them that is hard earned. I'll be using Curse addon automatic updater from now on. Thanks for the tip

Update on 10/02/2013 I just recently switched to the premium version of Curse for 29 a year and it was good money spent. Thanks for opening my eyes to this problem.

I do however have a question for Rythal, the new Carbonite author, I spoke with someone on wow that said she had the current version of Carbonite (from using Curse, she is the one that talked me into switching to Curse right before I saw this) and she had a map of the timeless isle (which I didn't). I switched to Curse and updated Carbonite and it still didn't give me the timeless isle map. I found a beta update to Carbonite and moved my interface/addon carbonite files to another location (as backup) then installed the beta version. After doing this I had carbonite updated to the latest patch with the timeless isle map and everything but I lost all my numerous notes and customizations for carbonite. That's when I switched to the premium version of Curse where you can back up your addons customization and all, (but it was too late) can I copy back the old version and get my notes back or did it change the wtf folder when I copied over the beta version? Is there any way to get my notes back? The customization isn't a problem and I've already fixed that but I had notes of where certain ach's were and high dollar items and such that I don't want to lose. Please help.

Last edited by Amatyi1 : 10-02-13 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Updated to Curse Premium