View Single Post
05-13-09, 01:39 AM   #15
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I must say i loved the movie. Karl Urban in my opinion was the best translation of the characters as McCoy. He looked and sounded so much like the original it was almost creepy =P

And while i agree the time-travel thing has been done to death this was certainly an interesting take on it. Seeing it from the other side of it so to speak. It also allowed the script a certain amount of flexibility it might not have otherwise had. I think the character development was interesting in that you see the sides of some of the characters that some (not all) fans of the original content would like to see. Im not a purist of the original series by any means so i found the way the movie was done a nifty little spin on the universe.

My hardcore trekkie friends were in a love/hate relationship with it so i expect some of the ultra-die hard fans will be disappointed. All in all i enjoyed it. If you take it as just a movie its definitely entertaining. If you go to compare it to the original series and the following movies your bound to find things you dont like.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor