View Single Post
03-01-13, 11:16 PM   #52
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Wow! I never even thought about all of that stuff. I just figured it was for the in-game splash screen......
Even so, even that splash screen image has certain graphical properties, and I don't know what they are. Did you make yours to match whatever properties it has? That's the kind of thing I want to know, and anybody else should know exactly what is needed so that the image will display properly -- just as the original one does now.

QUESTION: Jeffy162, do you know where I could dig into the file system to find that specific graphic (the one being used currently) so that I could examine its properties and use those as a foundation? I don't know where to look.

By the way, your graphic is very 'clean' (that's a high compliment!). I think it ranks in the top of all that I've seen, so far. Several of the others are also very well done! But, as the "Highlander" says... "There can be only one!"

The ones I made were never finalized, purposely. They are merely quick sketches. I needed something to begin the conversation (which I started in the previous post). heh heh.

Submitting a 1920 x 1080 graphic may not be suitable for use as a replacement for the existing one that Rythal wants to replace. The existing, in-game one which moves across the screen with sound, is much smaller (at my monitor's rez), even though I still don't know the exact size of it and which file format it's in. That's what I'm hoping to find out the specifics on before I begin a serious attempt at a design. It takes the same amount of time to create one that won't be suitable as it would to create would that will be suitable! Makes sense to me.

I'm still hoping for some answers.