View Single Post
07-19-05, 08:58 PM   #11
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
While comparisons always happen regardless of whos making the game or whos playing it. I think EQ and WoW are to very different animals.
I play EQ for almost 6 years and for me, the last 3 or 4 years were hell. Yes it's my own fault for still playing it. My point though is with all it's problems WoW has so much more potential.

I've only been playing WoW for a little while now coming over from Star Wars Galaxies. Server issues aside, I've had more fun in WoW than I've ever had in EQ even when I was having fun in EQ.

I did try EQ2, to me it was just more EQ with better models, prettier lands to die in but still the same thing "re-imagined".

Personally, I'd like to see a list of things that lead you to your conclusions. I'd imagine most would be very superficial in nature or only "that way" from a certain perspective.

All MMOs have the grind, plain and simple. Can't be avoided. For myself, WoW has stepped up and delivered with some good stuff to help me lose that grinding feeling.

End game I can't comment on, I'm not there yet. But how much worse could End game get than what was in EQ for several years before they started dropped expansions like birds drop doo-doo.

I won't comment on the companies directly and how they handle CS and other things. That would lead to my opinions on SOE in general and I think that would be considered bad form here.

My 2 cents