View Single Post
07-26-05, 09:09 PM   #20
draxshar
A Murloc Raider

I played EQ for almost 4 and a half years and have no desire to play again. The only reason I played as long as I did, was that it was hard to give up the hours and hours of work poured in my characters. WoW has so many things that put it above and beyond EQ. The biggest for me is no loss of xp when you die. I cant remember how many hours I put in just to gain a level then lose it in a second and have to spend another hour and a half gaining it back, especially at the end game levels. The loss of xp was too far over the top compared to the gains.

The other thing that is so much better about WoW is not having to wait 3-5 DAYS for a mob to respawn, try to put together a raid group, (even in a 300+ member guild, it was tough), hope no one else has the same idea you do, and hope you are lucky enough to get your drop. That fact is one of the many sent me away from EQ. I realize epic quests were supposed to be hard, but they were ridiculous, especially given the reward. By the time you actually got it, it was more a sense of "thank god I'm done with that" than a sense of accomplishment.

Not to mention the far superior graphics, playability, (except for Lagforge, they gotta do something about that), tradeskills, the number and diversity of the quests, the extremely customizable interface, etc. in WoW.

Actually there is one difference above everything else...The Blizz developers seem to actually enjoy putting WoW together, its finely crafted and things work correctly most of the time. The devs over at Sony seemed to have only one thing in mind, pumping out a new expansion every 2 months, even though the previous 3 didnt work right, not to keep the game fun, as so much to get a little more money. Not to mention the broken promises...You long timers know exactly what I am refering to...

The only thing EQ and WoW have in common, (and this is most disappointing), is the lack of good CS when there is a problem, but I dont even want to get into that...

WoW is everything EQ could have been, (if they had listened to the community),...I'm glad that at least the Blizz devs payed attention to the gripes we had in EQ and took care of a lot of them in WoW.

Now if I can just get my fiance to take the final WoW leap, and join me in Azeroth full time. Is there a boat or zeppelin that goes to Norrath, lol?

My 2cp worth...

Last edited by draxshar : 07-27-05 at 01:49 AM.