View Single Post
12-16-13, 01:35 PM   #44
amp
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Kestrelon View Post
This is a direct quote from the Announcement made by Cairenn concerning the removal of nUI, which I believe raises an interesting point.

"...All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create “premium” versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on..."

That said, ladies and gentlemen, I offer you the following link;

http://www.wowinterface.com/premium.php

And there you have it. Directly from this very website...a PREMIUM service that can be paid for in 3-month, 6-month, or annual increments. Someone please tell me how nUI author K. Scott Piel and WoWInterface are different from each other in ANY way, given what that link will show you?
To be honest, I didn't read your whole thing, and I want to say that I'm on your side...

But... WowInterface's premium options have nothing to do with access to the addons. They are strictly about custom username titles, a larger inbox, bigger avatar, and no ads. All of those things are basically profile customizations. Going premium doesn't enhance your access to addons, or your ability to upload your own addon, so comparing WI's premium to asking for donations isn't the same thing. (I don't believe either of them is wrong, for the record.)