View Single Post
12-16-13, 02:37 PM   #49
cabissi
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy Asking nothing but expecting something might be a exercise in fancy ...

Originally Posted by Kkthnx View Post
Glad your UI is being shut down its impossible for you people to see the issue here.

Apparently this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. You clearly cannot see to such an extent that you were unable to read that Scott is planning and already does continue to offer his nUI free to all via several options.

Over the years I have used nUI and updated it because I saw for the work of art that it truly is. The improved functionality and cleanliness of the interface's design should have been adopted by Blizzard long ago at least as an option to users. This was a bad decision on their part and another bad decision is being made by them now by rewarding the rude and crude individuals that come to be crawling all over this game's environment by supporting their right to be offensive while still "entitled" to have unfettered access to insult anyone they choose. Blizzard says that they police the game for such users, but it is clear to me that if they did their subscriber base would be down far more than it is now.

I no longer actively participate in WoW partly because of the huge number of idiots who behave in such an discourteous and ungrateful manner and partly because I feel the new expansions have taken the game in a direction that lost much of its charm such as story line and mythology. Despite this I maintain a subscription so I can see if things get better (IMO). I also maintain my version of nUI to show the author that I agree with his artistic vision. I made a commitment to support his development efforts and the new vision that he has for our world. While I am far from a "Green" person, I do see value in preserving the opportunity to see pristine wilderness for the future.

I think that Blizzard is clearly reacting rather than completing their full investigation here and they are making an error in judgement. They require that the addon be free and Scott is continuing to offer it free of charge by certain methods. Does that mean that he has to offer it in a manner that allows individuals who insult him or treat him inappropriately? I would argue, no more than Blizzard has to allow people who violate its rules of conduct to continue to have access to their servers and game play. They after all are paid for the privilege of banning players, while Scott receives no direct payment. And yet it seems that many want to hold him to a higher standard and be the better man, while he receives no remuneration. I thought that such behavior was required of paid service people such as Blizzard and not the volunteers.

Continuing to be disappointed by many in the WoW community...

Avalar
A Blood Elf Rogue from Terokkar