View Single Post
06-19-09, 06:35 PM   #12
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
I have a moron cousin that likes to 'spread kindness'. He stopped and changed a lady's tire on the side of the road, got mud on her jack, there was mud on her flat tire, and mud on his hands. She got his tag number as he was leaving and sued him for cleaning costs due to his negligence handling her flat tire.... and the GD judge awarded her 140 dollars after deducting 10 for his labor (~ an hour of work). When I see some lady on the side of the road, I think to myself... she should've taken better care not to break down.

Is that cold? You bet.
Is it warranted? Damned right.

Edit: That being said. I used to give stuff to players (guildy, friends..) pretty regularly, I'm surprised I've never had this reaction before from some idiot parent.
Amazing ... and people wonder why no one does random acts of kindness anymore...

I've hear of stories where people have a Heart Attack and some stranger performs CPR. During the use of CPR a rib or two gets broken (common during CPR) and the person instead of being thankful to be alive sues the person who performed CPR for breaking their rib(s).

I can tell you one thing I'll never perform CPR on a stranger and I have been certified.

I work in a Supermarket and a while back there was a rash of purse thefts going around. We where asked by Management to let people know this if we saw the owner of the purse leave it unattended. I saw a lady leave her purse alone so I watched it until she got back (a good 2-3 mins mind you) and told here of the issue of the purse thefts. She told me to leave her alone and mind my own F'n business. I never warned another person even though I saw many more unattended purses (stupid people)

Last edited by Sepioth : 06-19-09 at 06:38 PM.