View Single Post
10-10-08, 01:30 AM   #31
Meldas
A Murloc Raider
Sorry if this sounds a little bit harsh but this is my standpoint as a WoW Addons User:

WoWMatrix is currently the only working Addon Updater for a Mac. For me this is an absolutely free application and it is essential. I challenge you to point me to a Mac application which does the same. There are NO other updaters of this kind - at least I haven't found them after weeks of searching and hours of trying out.

I'm using less than 70 Addons but there were times I got more than 10 updates every day. Locating them (they aren't all on the same Addon site), downloading them and unzipping them costs a tremendous amount of time. It costs that much time that I, as a user, value the benefits of WoWMatrix more than any benefits from any single WoW addon.

And yes, I have to update every day. This is my user (or customer) feedback. Believe it or ignore it.

If you want to remove your addons from the WoWMatrix list, please go ahead (well, you have the right to do so). However, for me this means I'm not going to use your addon any longer. You want me to join your crusade against a free, helpful application? Hm, let me think about this for a moment ... well, no and good luck!

Sure I accept the rights of you as an author (I'm a professional programmer myself - I know what I'm talking about). However, I also know that as soon as I put something as 'free to use' into the internet I'm also loosing the control over this. There are ways to fight for your right, like lawyers, but they are expensive. There are other ways like a boycott as you suggest (this is some form of vigilantism) but don't expect that everybody joins your way with a 'Huzzah!", especially if this is linked with drawbacks for them.

Btw, I also agree to that what Cirk said. But the question is: How to achieve this?