View Single Post
05-04-09, 01:24 PM   #1150
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by protolif View Post
Your anti-WowMatrix propaganda is something akin to the MPAA & RIAA's cries about the big bad internet pirates.
There is a very big difference, and if you don't see that you don't understand the situation. Authors aren't concerned about users stealing our pennies.

Originally Posted by protolif View Post
As to developers rights, you only care because it serves your interests. Commercial addon development is a thing of the past. If you want to make money off World of Warcraft, go work for Blizzard. I believe in Open Source, and will no longer be using any addon that isn't distributed with one of the following liceneses: GPL. LGPL, BSD, MIT, Apache, Academic, Creative Commons, or Public Domain.
Who said commercial? I believe code should be free, I *want* people to take my code and run with it... they don't even have to give me credit. But I will never attach a license to my code because I believe that. You know your little RIAA argument? That whole situation has proven to me how broken the copyright system is, and I will not support that system by attaching any sort of license to my works. If you are too close-minded to anything but OSI-compatibly licensed addons... well that's a pretty sad irony there.

Originally Posted by Nuchaleft View Post
Strangely enough, it isn't really that hard to write your own updater, in Visual Basic
I LOL'd

Last edited by Tekkub : 05-04-09 at 01:31 PM.