View Single Post
08-13-10, 05:30 AM   #1073
Nefrirr
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Talryn View Post
Let's be honest. People without the keys would like to be in the beta. Having a key is better than not having a key. I think all of us not in the beta would be happier having a key even if we couldn't play it right away. There's no guarantee that you'll get into the beta if you don't currently have a key since Blizzard could stop giving keys for add-on authors at any time.
While I don't think that Blizzard will stop giving out keys, yet, I very well understand and partially share that fear and the anticipation for the next batch of keys. Having no ETA makes waiting always worse - the best way is to try and forget about it. The sweet surprise when the key is in the mail will be even more triumphant if you manage to focus on other things.

No matter what, there is no need for any hostility between those having a key or organising the give-away and those waiting, as long as people keep it civil. Both begging or outright raging at the staff is just sad.

Also, I don't think that the beta folks want to talk down to us "outcasts" by mentioning the current technical issues - on the contrary, this is probably meant to comfort us.