View Single Post
10-27-21, 11:23 AM   #9
cheesewiz
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
The web API cannot be accessed in the game, as noted. It also is updated about once per hour, assuming Blizzard's web auction house API is working.

You can use the in game Lua API to cache your data, but then you're depending on it to have every item, which isn't possible. The Lua API will see things as it finds them, and by the time it runs through, the earliest items which are expiring first might not be available, even though your cached data thinks they exist.

The other issue is a forced cooldown on how often you can scan the auction house in game. I seem to recall the cooldown is 15 minutes, so it isn't like you can be constantly updating your cached data.

Since your original question refers to TradeSkillMaster and shopping for items as soon as the auction house window is open, that is exactly what TSM does with grouped items. Their implementation is as fast as the system can get.
Like I already said, I wouldn't need it for every item, just the ones I'm looking for. As for the the 15 minute cooldown, this is for replicate search, not for item key or blank query search. Sorry, but this is outside the realm of relying on TSM to provide a faster search route. Auctionator can scan the entire auction house within 30 seconds via caching, with no cooldown in between scans. As of right now, TSM is nothing compared to Auctionator when it comes to shopping. There are faster methods than Auctionator, but no one is publically implementing them because they give too much control over the auction house.

Last edited by cheesewiz : 10-27-21 at 11:27 AM.