Thread: EQ vs. WoW
View Single Post
06-28-07, 07:43 PM   #4
GrissomXIX
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I can't speak for EQ as I've never played it, I spent my days before WoW playing MUDs (yeah yeah...I know). I jumped from the text market into the graphical market through Guild Wars, free online play so it was a draw. Until I got invited to play WoW by a former MUD friend who already played. Dropped the $250 for myself and my wife to get an account and a time card each. Since then (2 months after release) we haven't looked back.

We've thought about quitting, contemplated going to other games like EQ, Lineage or LoTRO but never could follow through after being so used to WoW and the universe. We have numerous characters on numerous realms and start over on a regular basis just to become anonymous. It doesn't take long to accumulate a bit of wealth or find a good group of people to get involved with.

Sometimes you have to leave your comfort zone and move on as my wife and I did with our MUDding, but we're glad we did and look forward to many more days of Warcraft and the Warcraft universe.

- Griss.