View Single Post
02-08-17, 12:34 AM   #3
kurapica.igas
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
I can't help to notice pretty big boilerplates. Does this actually makes code smaller and easier to read? Can you show some examples?

Considering you're developing this since 2009 and still have no other addons using it, that gives me some doubts.
You may find the example in trilliax-scrubber, it's not mine, but good enough to show how to use it.

If you means IGAS, I should say, it's very powerful(Take the IGAS_UI's Action bar as example), but too heavy for others.

The first step is learning the PLoop, it is a poweful OOP System with plenty features, but not many authors will try it - Addon is too simple, why should I learn a language that I won't use in other places.

Besides the PLoop, there are more than 200 features defined in the IGAS, it also make it hard to learn. There are still some authors using it in China, but since they don't share, there is nothing to talk about.

Since the IGAS is developed a long time ago, I decided to create a new frame work.

In the Scorpio, I try to hide the details and provide those features directly. I'll still introduce the PLoop System with many widgets from the IGAS, but with a more smooth way.

So in the non-ui part, You'll only see some attributes like __Async__, __SystemEvent__, but won't care whats behind it.

BTW. Since the register and handle are bound together, it's clearly the code should be more readable. You also may find some useful tools to simple the code in the Task scheduling system, it provide some simple ways to using the threads.

Last edited by kurapica.igas : 04-19-18 at 09:50 PM.