Thread: NPC Scan?
View Single Post
04-01-10, 02:37 AM   #8
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

true not an addon I know of but a work around:

1) open notepad: add following code:

@echo off
cd /d "C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft" This is the location of your wow
start /Normal WoW.exe
del "C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Cache\WDB\enUS\creaturecache.wdb" (this is the file path to your creaturecache.wdb file, when you click on this file a cmd window will pop up and go away, than the game with your createcache being deleted)

DO NOT ADD BOLD PART

2) save it as WOW with out launcher.bat (this code turn the launcher off) make sure you select all files under save time, and make sure to include .bat

3) save it in the main wow loctaion(same location where your wtf, interface folder is etc..)

4) send a copy of it to your desktop, change icon look to wow if you want, and than put it in your quick launch, start bar, or leave it on desktop. now when you go to launch the game just lauch it through this and there you go. now you can just use NPCScnaer and not have to worrie about rares.

*everytime to launch the game this way it will delete that creaturecache.wdb file which is the only one needed to make the addon work again and spot that rare again.

Also I use both Silverdragon and npcscaner since sometimes one picks rare up before other does.

Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
NPC Scan IS great because of the way it uses the cache. You've already listed it's downfall.

Silver Dragon, the nUI system, etc, are ok, but you have to be within range, etc, etc, and it doesn't work near as well.

Also note with the launch off updates will still happen, just the game will have to be closed 1st. I like to launch wow the normal way with out this code when I know there an update or when someone tells me an update happen, than after update close wow and relaunch the bat file

It's a shame there's no way to delete info from the cache via an addon.

Last edited by Nightmare_Lord : 04-01-10 at 02:39 AM.