View Single Post
06-29-05, 01:15 PM   #7
Syllani
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Inokis
Why are bots bad?

AFK Farming, AFK Gameplay just to name two.
To play devil's advocate for a moment...

How exactly do these two things affect you? If someone wants to pay $15/mo to have their computer AI play for them, why not? It shouldn't affect you in the slightest, unless it gets to the point where the actions of their AI would be considered to be griefing you, in which case report them.

Now don't get me wrong, I dislike the idea of AFK farming because it would encourage the people who farm gold to sell for real money (a practice I abhor).

My stance on the current issue of mods like AutoTravel, however, is the same as Kaelten's. The game is immensely more enjoyable if I don't have to spend 1/2 to 2/3 of my gameplay time steering a character on a long run that I may have ran hundreds of times before. From an RP standpoint... shouldn't my character *know* the way by now without me having to basically tell him "ok, keep running straight... run straight... ok, turn a little to the left since the road curves here... ok, a little to the right..." etc.

Also from an RP standpoint, shouldn't our characters be able to at least walk and talk at the same time?? How many of you can effectively chat while steering? Didn't think so.

People who really want to bot are going to bot using illegal 3rd-party tools, regardless. All changes like these do is hurt the legitamate gamer who uses them while *at the computer* to help alleviate one of the more tedious and un-fun aspects of the game.