View Single Post
06-30-05, 07:26 AM   #12
Syllani
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Littlejohn
Farming is the problem then?

Then 12 year old kids home for the summer playing 24x7 are also a problem?

I think a better solution than outlawing bots would be tracking "exhaustion". The longer you play the worse your character acts. Exhaustion is a negative ability modifier that slows you down, lowers your abilities (all abilities!) and lowers your damage. A totally exhausted level 60 can be killed by a level 1 Kobold.

That's fun, realistic behavior that kills bots. (Could give a purpose to all those beds and chairs in the game...

Another take on exhaustion is just from a game-play perspective: your drop rate goes down. A totally exhausted character doesn't get anything from killing a mob. The *loot* is exhausted!

Oh, by the way, I'd track exhaustion by the player's account and not by the character. It wouldn't stop farming if somebody has 10 characters on one account and just switches whenever one gets exhausted.
This is one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time for helping the casual gamer keep up with the powergamers. I think you should post it on the Blizzard forums... who knows, there may be the teeniest of chances it will get noticed and implemented.