View Single Post
07-26-05, 01:41 PM   #17
XeroKill
A Murloc Raider

Contrary to what the OP believes in his appearently narrow view, I find a TON of differences between EQL, EQ2, and WOW.

I played EQL for a bit over 5 years and saw everything the game had to offer up to Tunat in GOD. The biggest problem that I saw with the game was it's age. The game had gone through so many expansions that the mudflation in the game was just absurd. A few days before I finally called it quits, I went back to Kunark and Velious and soloed half the encounters that used to take us 35+ people. Events like Trak, Gore, and Sev for examples. I was a level 70 SK with something like 785 AA. The items in the game were also absurd. I used to think Aten Ha Ra loot was insane when I first hit VT but to see items with 350HP/Mana and 3 augment slots that could add a ton more stuff, it was just nuts. As a result the encounters continued to get obscene to the point of members quitting due to mental breakdown.

As for EQ2... well I only played that game to level 35/34 (Barbarian Guardian/Armorsmith) and it was just a snooze fest. The tradeskills in that game made you want to perform a solo root canal on yourself, with out the drugs. The so called "solo" content was either a joke, or designed to be soloed well after the indicated level. The instances were long and tedious, but they were the only fun thing I found in the game. I did Nektropos at least a dozen times, and thought it was pretty neat. In the end it just seemed to be too redundant for me. I got my keys for EL and what ever the other was called (can't remember).

WoW on the other hand, is a nice change for me. I love the solo content in the game. I know it is an MMO and I have no problem with grouping, but I don't like being forced to group. In EQL it was not uncommon to sit in PoK/PoT for HOURS LFG! That was even in a big raiding guild like mine. I like the fact that items can't really flood the market due to BoE and BoP items. A lot of the things that rock about WoW are slowly being stolen by SOE and added to EQ2. The best thing WoW has going for it though, would be the tradeskill system. No one wants to sit in front of thier monitor for hours and try to make a sword or what have you. In EQ2 it was STUPID. You had to wait through the process and counter stupid little events just to keep from DYING, and in the end, the item was usually second rate quality. Some people may get a kick out of this, but most people that it was the lamest system ever.

Well, I could talk about this for hours, so I will cut this off here. There is some constructive conversation about the games. Eat it up!

Stagnation or Mudflation, there is no grey area.